Monday, November 19, 2007

Zeebras on a Thursday Night

Thursday night, we were lucky enough to get into the Casbah for free, which is nice for a penniless young lady. Matt, my favorite bartender from LiveWire and Bartender's Bible member took a night off from making me Long Island Ice Tea's and played a great show with Mr. Tube, MEX and a gaggle of others.

Perhaps the best part of the night, other than the music, was the percentage of men in flannel to, well, other people. Casbah is wonderful for so many reasons. Cheap-ish drinks, great bartenders, Tim's usually walking around (especially tonight, considering it was his birthday), Ben, when he's at the front door, it always a great mini conversation when you're waiitng for your friends. You can hear the music and smoke a cigarette, if you find a great stop right outside the door. When inside, you can still get close enough to the stage, be close to the bar and be next to friends the whole night. For me, Im less than mile away.

yay! Casbah. I love you

here are some random pics from the night. I think I met about 5 Matt's that night, one that just moved here from San Francisco, one that lives in OB, and another I keep meeting just forgetting. Yay Matts. Rosey, sddialedin was there with her slick new haircut...good to see you guys all out.



1 comment:

Heather Ace said...

Matthew: Ginger Edition from SF, so nice!