Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Libraries are for Dorks (like me)

Since 2000, I’ve owed the San Diego Public Library system about $40. Granted, you say, that’s not too much dough when I’m making like fifty thou, but that’s also one night at Casbah and one night at Livewire (IF I get in for free, that is).

So, just as I was about to suck it up and pay-so that I could check out photoshop books and titles somewhere along the lines of “Indie Rockstars Guide to Music Management”-I see this thing about Open Library (demo).

It’s just as it sounds-finally a wiki where you can look up (someday) all published books, and hopefully, read them. For now, it just gives you info on most popular copyrighted ones and lets you know where to check them out. But I searched quite a few that I was able to read.

iPhone+Open Library= no more paper for me.

The downside: one less public place to pick up on dudes or chicks. Damn.

1 comment:

catdirt said...

google library has a pretty comprehensive scanning project going on.