Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Gotta Love the BBC, Gotta Not love Scientology

I truly mean this when I say it: I'm in fear for my life when I post this blog.

This morning I just got thorough watching the ever-witty BCC Panorama report entitled Scientology and Me. Aging reporter John Sweeny was on a Mission:Impossible (anything for Cruise thwacks) to uncover whatever he could about the very private "religion" of Scientology.

What he found, and what he absolutely could not find, was breathtaking. He interviewed a few mothers that had literally lost their children to the church. One day, one of the mums received a letter of "disconnect" stating that her daughter would have absolutely no contact with her in the future.

Another couple, who spoke boldly about their previous 10 years and $1 million spend on the group, said that there were still 6 children involved that refused to visit their dying father due to their disconnect.

The funniest/saddest part of the report is how Scientology leader and Cruise look-a-like Tommy Davis just SHOWS UP anywhere the reporter is trying to have an interview. At one point, he runs out of a black SUV on a private rooftop where Sweeny was interviewing a dissenter. Large file folder in hand, he begins to rattle off the legal trouble that the interviewee has had in the past, trying to defame him on the spot.

This guy is seriously out of his mind. Apparently the church has a method called "fair game" in which they dig up even the tiniest detail of someone's life, should they choose to criticize or even question the church in any way.

So, therefore, I'm going to stop here. This is America and you can believe what you'd like. I just don't want to have to spend $500,000 before I can become a 3rd Level Thetan.

No comments: