Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Not to be Missed: Liars and No Age at Casbah

Thursday Night! $12 now, $14 day of.

If you've never experienced the droning, loud, yet somehow tight and melodic spastic sound of Liars, you can download their newest album, "Liars" here at My Inland Empire. Click about 2/3 of the way down the page to find it. Highly recommended.

Here's what a blogger from Radio Free Chicago had to say about their live shows:

"Some music, for me at least, isn’t appealing live. It was meant to be listened to while I’m in my own element. Certain musicians move beyond the framework of an indie rock show and merge into the limitless confines of aural transcendence. Some music is meant to be experienced rather than listened to. And Liars is among the select modern bands whose music is at its most meaningful when it is live and coursing and threatened by the potential for collapse. With Liars your element is at the mercy of the band’s own terms."

"It’s besides the point to critique the sound quality of a Liars show. To be honest, I didn’t even make the slightest note of the show’s production. It was all about invigorating noise, the mushy feeling in the gut. The energy was altogether profoundly personal, profoundly sexual, and through much of the show I had my eyes closed and found myself lost in the sound of raucous guitars, grumbling, screeching vocals and pummeling beats, elevated to that height of introspection where thoughts and sounds mesh, and I forgot that I was at an indie rock show, forgot the smell of sweaty bodies, forgot that I was among a crowd of music snobs somehow unmoved."

WOW. Hope its this good at The Casbah.

LA Punksters No Age open up the set and are sure to get you going nice and early.

No comments: